When you register to buy items on the site or when you sign up for a SWAP email newsletter we ask for information such as your name, address, email address, phone number, user name, credit card information and notification preferences. Once you register with SWAP and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to SWAP.
• We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information in order to do their jobs.
• We have electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with existing regulations to protect personal information about you.
• Your SWAP Account Information is password-protected.
• In certain areas SWAP uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions. Please note that e-mail is not encrypted and is not considered to be a secure means of transmitting credit card information.
We use the information we collect for various purposes, including:
• to complete your purchase transactions;
• to provide the services you request;
• to keep you informed about the status of your orders;
• to send you our newsletter and other offerings by mail;
• SWAP will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone. Third party advertising partners may use anonimized user information for purposes of publishing SWAP advertisements as well as for their own purposes.
• with your consent;
• when necessary to provide the product or service you have requested;
• when necessary to send the information to companies who work on behalf of SWAP to provide a product or service to you (unless we tell you differently, these companies do not have any right to use the personally identifiable information we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us);
• who analyze it on behalf of SWAP;
• when SWAP determines that your actions potentially violate our Security Policies, or any of our other usage guidelines or rules;
• Or when SWAP determines that such action is reasonably necessary to avert or mitigate any action taken by you that is contrary to SWAP’s interests.
SWAP may disclose any of your information (including personally identifiable information and browsing information, to the extent available) to law enforcement or in response to a subpoena.
To make online shopping faster and easier, you may register with www.swapshop.gr As a registered customer, you only have to enter your shipping addresses and billing information once; they will be securely stored with us for your future use. Using your name and password, you may access your account online at any time to add, delete, or change information.
The SWAP website may contain links to other websites. SWAP is not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave the SWAP website and to read the privacy statements of each and every website to learn how such website collects and uses personally identifiable information.
You may subscribe to the SWAP newsletter or other content/promotions, by entering the requisite information (your name and email address). By subscribing, you agree to receive the SWAP email newsletter which may or may not include special offers or incentives from select partners. You waive any rights under any law regulating unsolicited advertising, including but not limited to, the CAN-SPAM Act. Again, we do not rent or lease your email address to third parties who wish to send you unsolicited email/advertisements. If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter or promotional materials, you may opt-out of receiving these communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link appearing at the end of any email newsletter communication.
From time to time you will receive promotional e-mails from us. If you do not want to receive email from SWAP you can click on the unsubscribe link and hit send at the bottom of any email communication sent by us. Please allow us 3 business days from when the request was received to complete the removal, as some of our promotions may already have been in process before you submitted your request.
From time-to-time SWAP may request information from users or members via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and the user or member has a choice whether or not to disclose or provide any information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name, email) demographic information (such as age, zip code). Unless we inform you to the contrary in advance, we will only use this information for marketing purposes and to improve the quality of our products and services – we will not rent or lease this information to third parties (i.e., to allow them to market to you).
Your SWAP website user account information is password-protected for your privacy and security. In certain areas SWAP uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmission. You should carefully safeguard your user name, password, and any log-in information.
By using this Web Site, you accept the policies set forth in this Privacy & Security Policy.
SWAP may update this policy. All such updates shall become effective immediately. Therefore, you should review this policy from time to time when you log on to this website. If you have any questions about SWAP’s information collection practices, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org